noodleBubble's niceBlog

She sews, sticks & scribbles...
never quite left the 1980's...
reads profusely...
rarely throws anything away...

See what's new in noodleBubble world today...

Bring biscuits-the kettle's on & bunting's always up.


Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Another Warning!


Further to my last WARNING I need to add -





This one is EVEN more addictive than the last.



My daughter's got chickenpox so I can't get to the library- I checked the computer anyway (Lisbeth Salander style) and there's a 13 person waiting list for the next & FINAL one...

My friend that I borrowed the previous two from is away in France...with the THIRD...

So, I have done what I vowed not to this year ... I have bought another book... EVEN worse... A NEW Book... ONLINE... I'd vowed not to as I read SO quickly our floorboards can barely support the weight of them all so for the sake of the environment and my purse I prefer to borrow a library copy, from a friend OR, if I must buy - SECOND HAND.

What a sin - I shall enjoy it all the more - WHEN it ruddy well arrives - Am waiting slobbering by the postbox like a dog with a postman grudge...



Well there's an image.

11 comments:

  1. Following your blog from the "I want more blog followers" swap. Jessica - Panda2778 on Swapbot.

    My personal blog: The Unicorn Castle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following your blog from the "I want more blog followers" swap. Jessica - Panda2778 on Swapbot.

    My personal blog: The Unicorn Castle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely understand where you're coming from when you talk about the guilt of purchasing another new book. It's difficult when you read voraciously. I too, buy used to mitigate the guilt, lol. I also find that the history of a used book appeals to me. I love that others loved this book I'm reading, it's like their joy in reading can be felt in the used pages. I like the used ones best.
    I'm Jaemac from swapbot, by the way. I'm happily following your terrific blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, I am a amazon whore...i can help myself!
    Great to see a fellow brit on swap -bot, we are very much in the minority :)
    Plus its good to see more curly girls like myself on the web x x

    Much Love Jorden
    aka mrswhiffin on swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am scraphappy55 form swap bot I am following your blog my blog is JUST SCRAPIN'

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm...haven't read any of them but i'm addicted to buying books.

    - memtree from swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that you are hunting this book down. check out bookmooch.com and see if you can mooch the book there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teresa from Swap bot. I am following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following your blog from the "I want more blog followers" swap. moonwild on Swapbot.
    Enjoy the heck out of your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter is a massive reader and wants to read this. She is nearly 14. Is it suitable? I think I'm gonna have to read it first! She is a much faster reader that I am and is getting a bit fed up with teen fiction. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No MillieBead - Utterly Unsuitable for a 14 year old!!!

    When you've started it you'll see why!

    X

    ReplyDelete